Sunday, November 05, 2006

"Why yes, we are freshman, why do you ask?"

Police Beat:

"October 13
A student reported two male students throwing acorns off the bridge near the law building on East Campus Drive, hitting another student. When questioned, the male students said they were throwing acorns into the tops of trees to see the reactions of students who thought animals were making the noises. The students were asked to stop."

I'm kind of lost here as to what kind of commentary to provide. Do I point out that these students 1) thought that someone would be fooled into thinking that an animal was throwing the acorns from the tree, ("Hey look! Acorns! Naturally, an animal of some kind must be throwing these." Or perhaps, "Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have bought that squirrel-fur 9-iron cover! Now they're out to get me!") or 2) wouldn't notice the bridge spanning the street located not three meters away, (see photo).




So like I said, I don't really know what to say. except for "Keep it up, fellas. Where would Police Beat be without you?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home